Reviewing for the AP: Module 11
The date of the AP Economics examinations is Thursday, May 16. The Macro exam is held during the morning session and the Micro is held during the afternoon session.
About the Exam (from the 2010 AP Economics Course Guide)
The AP Microeconomics Exam and the AP Macroeconomics Exam are each a little over 2 hours long. Each exam consists of a 70-minute multiple-choice section and a 60-minute free-response section. There are 60 multiple-choice questions and three free-response questions. Some questions in the free-response section require graphical analysis. The free-response section begins with a mandatory 10-minute reading period. During this period, students are advised to read each of the questions, sketch graphs, make notes and plan their answers. Students then have 50 minutes to write their answers. You should plan on spending half of your time writing your answer to the first question and then half of your time responding to the other two questions. The multiple-choice section accounts for two-thirds of the student’s exam score and the free-response section for the remaining one-third.
The Best Way To Prepare for the Exams
- Make sure you are well rested on the day of the exam!
- Review the videos posted here.
- Review your handouts and your notes.
- Review your graded assessments.
- Organize group study sessions.
- Email me with your questions!
- Download the study materials below.
- Remember that you have been preparing for this all year, and that you are capable of earning a "5" on these exams.